Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Monday, 08 July | Type : Permanent + Part-time
Seeking a strong Office Administrator that thrives on variety with a mix of hours on offer.
Working for the Graduate Women Manawatu Charitable Trust Incorporated, within their regalia service known as Academic Dress Hire, based at Massey University, this role offers a bit of everything.
Assisting the Manager in all aspects of the hire of academic dress, the Office Administrator will be responsible for the every day running of the office in the below areas, but not limited to.
- Database Management, including coding, bulk data handling, maintaining back up operations, identifying issues and resolving these
- Website Management
- Banking and reconciliation of payments
- Accounts Payables and Receivables
- Payroll, for 3 permanent staff and additional casual staff when required
- Finance report preparation for Board reporting, end of year financial accounts, website data analysis, annual audit preparation
- Inventory Management
- General Office Administration
This is a very varied role, not only with the work duties but also with the hours required. Most of the year you will work 9am to 3.30pm Monday to Thursday, however for approximately 12 weeks of the year you will be required to work about 30 to 34 hours per week, including some Fridays and about four Saturdays. In addition to this, 2 weeks of the year between April and May you will be required to travel to Auckland for one week and Wellington for four days to help with the allocation and return of the appropriate academic dress during Graduation Weeks at Massey University.
Working in a small team of 3, you will need to be self-managed and use your initiative accordingly within the role. In the busy weeks the team will increase to approximately 10, as casual staff are used to support Graduations.
You will need to be well conversant with integrated systems as the role relies heavily on their website and MS Access Database for order processing and you will be the main user managing this. You will be proficient in relational data and database functionality to facilitate the preparation on orders.
The other main system that you will need to be confident in is MYOB as you will use this for all financial accounting and payroll.
Must Have Skills and Experience
- Database Administration, using MS Access or similar relational database
- High Level of computer skills with Microsoft Suite including Office 365
- MYOB using the accounting and payroll functions
- High Level of Attention to Detail
- Website Maintenance
To be successful in this role we are looking for the following:
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Methodical and well organised
- Committed to Excellent Customer Services
- Sensitive to Cultural differences
- Able to be flexible with hours and commit to travel
If you feel you can fulfil the requirements we are seeking, please send through your updated CV with a covering letter outlining why you believe this is the role for you.