Location : Administration & Customer Service | Listed : Monday, 15 April | Type : Permanent + Full-time
Do you enjoy helping people and have a passion for the Manawatu? - put the two together and that's what the i-SITE Visitor Consultants do on a daily basis! Read on to find out more...
i-SITE NZ is the official visitor information network. There are over 80 i-SITE visitor centres around New Zealand. They provide international visitors, domestic travellers and locals with comprehensive, up-to date information and a NZ wide booking service for activities, attractions, accommodation and transport. The Palmerston North i-SITE is also a booking centre for the buses and has a retail shop as well as providing all of the above services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service specialist to join the team on full time basis. We are looking for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a passion for customer service, travel and tourism and genuinely enjoys helping people.
You will need:
- To be friendly and bubbly with a great attitude
- Previous experience in a customer service or relevant industry such as retail
- Ability to work on a 5-day roster across 7 days (you will work one weekend day)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills, internet savvy and used to online systems
- Able to multi-task and think on your feet
To be considered for this role you must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer service and sales-based role – preferably with retail or travel/tourism. A national certificate in travel or tourism or similar would also be desirable. A detailed knowledge of Palmerston North and Manawatu, including local businesses and attractions, events and local must do’s is essential.
What the i-SITE offers you:
- Opportunity to work in the travel and tourism industry locally
- On-going training and support
- A supportive, team culture
- Satisfaction knowing your helping make a difference to the region
If you have the relevant experience and are ready to take the next step in your career, Apply now or feel free to contact Robyn on 06 2802401 for a confidential discussion.