Location : Accounting & Finance | Listed : Wednesday, 19 June | Type : Permanent + Full-time
Join the team at MDC as their Senior Finance Officer and play your part in their vision for the Manawatu to have the best rural lifestyle in NZ!
Working at the Manawatū District Council means being part of a motivated and customer-focused team in one of the best little rural towns in New Zealand. At MDC, you'll find supportive colleagues, flexibility, professional development opportunities, a genuine family-friendly work environment, and a culture where their Chief Executive is equally at home chatting to people in the cafeteria over lunch as he is leading the formal meetings and driving the strategic direction.
As the Senior Finance Officer, you will be responsible for the maintenance and processing requirements of the electronic banking functions, the fixed asset register and the purchase order system. You will also co-ordinate the investment portfolio and complete statutory returns.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Electronic banking statement reconciliations
- Fixed Asset processing
- Be a module champion for electronic banking and purchase order modules and contribute to the implementation, ongoing development and training of these processes
- Complete all IRD returns (PAYE, GST, FBT)
- Maintain and reconcile investment records
- Checking the payment processing and GL processing for payroll
- Provide support to other accounting processes including AP, sundry invoicing, water billing and rates
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Software savvy – with a particular emphasis on MS Excel
- Eye for detail and an ability to produce high quality work
- Experience enhancing accounting systems and processes
- Ability to communicate financial information to a varied audience
- Highest level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with pressure and always maintain professionalism
- Fun, Professional, Supportive and Caring – to align with MDC’s vision
Join the MDC team who are committed to doing right by their community and whose vision is for the Manawatu to have the best rural lifestyle in New Zealand!