Location : Accounting & Finance | Listed : Tuesday, 21 May | Type : Permanent + Full-time
Opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated Senior Accountant to join a global organisation, based in Hawera.
About the Organisation
UBT Accountants is a global professional Accountancy firm dedicated to providing tax and advisory services to the SME sector. They have a team of 100 in offices strategically located across Australia, New Zealand and the UK. Across Australia and New Zealand they have a strong client base, supporting over 6000 clients across more than 1500 client groups. This role is based in the Hawera office.
About the Role
This is a role for a motivated, passionate individual with proven experience in the accounting field. As a Senior Accountant you will work closely within your team to carry out professional accounting duties related to all aspects of financial, tax and management accounting. Your client base will be varied so you must have a hands-on approach, strong communication and interpersonal skills so you can get to know your clients and their needs quickly.
Overview of key responsibilities
- Develop an overall understanding of clients’ needs
- Provide professional accounting services as assigned by your Account Manager across all aspects of financial, tax and management accounting including but not limited to:
- General ledger/trail balances
- Preparing journals and financial accounts
- Preparing management reports and variance analysis
- Financial analysis
- Prepare GST and FBT returns
- Corporate and individual tax returns
- Delegation to junior level accountants
- Ensure client communication is timely, accurate and consistent
- Provide ad hoc support to the Account Manager
Skills & Experience you will need
To be considered for this role you will enjoy a fast-paced work environment, be a fast learner and be adaptable. You will be working across various accounting systems, so it is important that you have worked with ERP and accounting software previously.
- Tertiary qualification in accounting
- Provisional CA membership
- Have a minimum of five years accounting experience
- ERP and accounting system knowledge
- Experience and understanding of NZ GAAP
- High level of computer literacy with advanced MS Excel skills
- Able to pick up new systems and procedures quickly
- High level of attention to detail
- Positive, highly motivated and committed to adding value and achieving results
The role is offering a competitive salary along with a collaborative team focused environment. If you have the above skills and experience and are ready to make a positive change to your career, please apply with your up to date CV and Cover Letter.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so don’t delay, Apply online now or call Robyn Bills from PN Personnel for more details.
NOTE: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key elements on the role and why you are interested in applying for it.