Location : Accounting & Finance | Listed : Friday, 28 September | Type : Permanent + Full-time
The team at the CEDA have the best job in the world; they're on a mission to make our region the very best it can be! Every day they are focused on driving and facilitating the creation and growth of sustainable economic prosperity in Manawatu and beyond.
So, if you want your career to have real purpose, and you're committed to using your expertise to make a difference, then look no further, this could be the opportunity for which you've been searching.
What you need to know about the organisation:
Jointly owned and funded by the Manawatu District Council and Palmerston North City Council. The Central Economic Development Agency (CEDA) has an effective independent board with years of governance and industry experience, who are fully committed to driving positive business, social, cultural and environmental outcomes for the region.
The CEDA team are a passionate group of people with expertise in marketing, communications, events, and business attraction, retention and development. Collectively, they are the enablers, the connectors and the doers; leading the economic development of the region we call home.
About the Business Growth Advisor Position
The Economic Development Team are tasked with delivering great outcomes for businesses in the wider Manawatu-Whanganui (Horizons) region. As a Business Growth Advisor, you will manage a portfolio of businesses, provide sector leadership, and you will have the opportunity to understand where those businesses are now and where they want to be in the future. You will add value by connecting them with the tools/resources/expertise to knock down the barriers to getting there.
What we are looking for in you:
- Business Experience; you will have been in business or worked with businesses, as you need to give robust advice based on genuine understanding.
- Motivation; this is a role where you can make a difference if you get out and do it! At times businesses don’t know what they need your or the tools/support you have on offer – so engaging with them and providing tailored advice will be key.
- Connectivity; The CEDA team is in Palmerston North and live, work and play in their local communities – your existing connections through the wider Horizons region will help you to hit the ground running.
- Engagement; you will be someone that engages with your audience – empathy, respect, cultural awareness and trust will be in your DNA.
- Consultation; as Business Growth Advisor no two clients will be the same, so you will need to be fluent at quickly building rapport, understating and their wants and drive down to their core needs – yes this means you will ask tough questions, while earning your clients’ confidence and trust.
- Credibility; this will most likely come from your previous business ownership/management experiences or education.
This is an opportunity to achieve amazing things for regional businesses, sectors and more. If you have the above experience are passionate about the Manawatu and all it has to offer the click Apply NOW. Upload your cover letter detailing how your skills and experience aligns to the above criteria – and your updated CV.
All applications will be managed by Robyn Bills from PN Personnel