Reasons to Live, Work and Play in Manawatu
We live in the mighty Manawatu, our PN Personnel office is based in Palmerston North and we love to get out and about in the region. It’s a great place to live with easy access to local services and many options for outdoor pursuits such as cycling, tramping or hunting.
Thinking of making the move? Here are some reasons why you too may love living here:
- Cost of living is lower than the cities
- We have much more affordable housing (especially compared with Auckland)
- Traffic jams are in the past, our commutes are easy or super short – the average is 10 minutes.
- Location – based in the heart of the North Island it is easy to go north for sunshine and Hawkes Bay wines, south to the capital of Wellington or inland to the majestic mountains and skifields.
- Manawatu is a transport hub with four state highways, rail links and regular flights around the country from the airport. A number of significant businesses distribute from the region (ie; Toyota, Ezibuy, NZDF and DKSH).
- Palmerston North is an educated city, home to more than 70 educational and research institutions including Massey University and UCOL. There are a number of excellent primary, intermediate and secondary schools to give your children the best start.
- We are young at heart – the average age is 33 years (this is due to our large tertiary institutions and two NZ Defence Force bases as Wairoa and Linton)
- Manawatu has excellent healthcare.
- Manawatu is home to a number of large NZ businesses including Toyota, FMG and NZ Pharmaceuticals to name a few.
- Manawatu is an Innovation Hub - see what the team at The Factory, Innovate Manawatu, 3 Keys and CEDA (Central Economic Development Agency) are up to.
For more information and links to assist with housing, schooling and relocating click here.
Our Client Manager Matt Smout knows first hand the benefits of relocating, read his story here.