There are many reason to live, work and play in Manawatu. These make compelling reasons to base your business in Manawatu and help you manage a stable workforce, full of well-educated, motivated professionals.
Some of the key reasons are:
- We are based in the heart of the North Island - within half an hour there are 170,000 people (that's customers and employees)
- Wages are less than our major metros and housing is substantially less - making Extremely Cost Effective Housing - it's easy to attract talent when they can live in comfortable housing or lifestyle properties that cost a fraction of what they'd pay in other centres
- Traffic jams are a thing of the past - we have CEO's and GM's who ride a bike for an hour in the morning and are at their desk working by 8.00am because they are only minutes from their office and trust the traffic is light. CLICK HERE TO READ EMPLOYER NEWS
- Manawatu is a Transport Hub - with 5 major roads in and out of the city, located at the gateway to the Wairarapa, and with a number of significant businesses already distributing from the region - we know it works! Consider Toyota, Ezibuy, Foodstuffs, NZDF and DKSH - all successful organisations based on efficient supply of people or product to locations nationwide
- Palmerston North is an educated city with motivated students providing a strong supply of graduates, interns, seasonal workers, temporary resources and permanent employees. Massey University, UCOL, Palmerston North Boys High, Palmerston North Girls High all providing access to quality education right here in Palmerston North - this list is just a small sample of the great educators, you can see a larger list Click Here
- Infrastructure - technology in Manawatu is great with UFB and free Wi-Fi throughout
- Manawatu is an Innovation Hub - see what the team at The BCC, Innovate Manawatu, 3 Keys and Central Economic Development Agency (CEDA) are up to
You can read Manawatu stories - care of The Page - it's full of stories of real people and produced by CEDA Click Here
We have also attached Palmerston North and Manawatu "A Commercial Opportunity"
If you are visual (like us) we have a Pinterest board which we have included below for you: